Thursday, January 31, 2013

WIP Wildling Woman

This is a project that I am working on in my free time. It means that it probably won't be finished as quickly as other things because my schoolwork is my priority.

Friends have already commented that it could use a warm reflected light from the bottom left (nothing too strong) and that the owl arm needs to be lowered a bit, so when I get the time to shoot my reference (Hopefully this weekend!) I will take these into consideration :)

I am super excited to start this project because honestly it has been way too long since I made artwork in my free time rather than sleep or something, haha!

This is just the line art though; when it's all finalized it will be transferred to tracing paper and put on a canvas where I will start painting traditionally. The big challenge, I think, will be the limited palette associated with the night, and also the starfield background. I've never tried to do such a thing before. I'm nervous and anticipating it at the same time. :D


No comments:

Post a Comment